How do Chicago Residents Deal with the Disruption and Property Damage of Storms?
Storms Can Get Out of Control Leading to Flood Damage in your Chicago Home. SERVPRO Can Provide Urgent Emergency Services and Mitigation for your Property.
What is the impact of storm floods?
When a violent weather event occurs in Chicago, it can lead to millions of dollars worth of damage. Rooftops can be blown off or properties flooded by incoming rainwater, overflowing drainage systems, or flash flooding. A storm can have a massive impact on the lifestyle of residents- which is severely disrupted, but can also play havoc with your property. Indoor water intrusion can create health risks, while the water itself has a destructive outcome on building materials and possessions. Correctly drying and restoring a home relies on the correct training, expertise, and equipment. Without a proper resolution, water intrusion causes harm to structure and contents.
How do water technicians resolve property flooding?
- Providing conditions for workers and occupants that are safe
- Documenting and recording the requirements of a property as well as work procedures
- Mitigating losses, drying the property, and conducting cleaning or repair
How can a flooded property be made safe?
Before entering a home with flood damage in Chicago, professionals must assure you of its safety. Large amounts of water around the foundations of your home can cause joints to shift and, in the worse case, lead to building collapse. SERVPRO technicians follow the guidance of the S500. The S500 is a nationally recognized guidebook written by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certifications. These help ensure that our working methods remain up-to-date with the latest innovations in the restoration industry and ensure that we can provide the best care and repair for your home.
What safety hazards are there in a flooded property?
- Personal hazards like chemical safety, small spaces or slip, and trip hazards
- Environmental dangers which could include materials, electrics, or structural insecurity
- Biohazardous substances like infectious waste, raw sewage, or other contamination
Using a professional restoration technician in an emergency can secure your home and return it to a preloss condition. Contact SERVPRO of Hyde Park / E. Bridgeport / Bronzeville at (312) 509-5000.