DIY Methods Never Ensure Total Drying After a Water Emergency Within Your Chicago Property
Water Restoration Companies Like SERVPRO Speed the Extraction and Drying Steps to Restore Your Chicago Home to Pre-Loss Condition
The city of Chicago has over 2.7 million residents, making it the third-most populous city within the United States. Additionally, it is the most populous city within the state of Illinois and the entire Midwest, resting on 234 square miles of land. Chicago is the county seat within Cook County, and the metropolitan area is often referred to by the name Chicagoland. Other notable nicknames include the Second City, the City That Works, the White City, the City of Big Shoulders, and The Windy City.
Taking a look at geography, Chicago is situated in northern Illinois at the southwestern end of Lake Michigan. It is also located on the Chicago Portage site and along the continental divide at the Saint Lawrence Seaway. The Portage has been a well-known trade route that helps connect the Great Lakes watersheds and the Mississippi River.
Not Only is Chicago a Sports Hub, but it is Also Rich with History
1837 is when Chicago, IL, was incorporated as a city; it increased from there throughout the mid-nineteenth century. Many streets throughout the city were raised by five to eight feet within the 1850s to help with installing the sewer system. Because many of the buildings, sidewalks, and streets here were made with wood, many of them burned entirely during the Great Chicago Fire of 1971.
After the fire, Chicago rebuilt fast, and much of the leftover debris was disposed of in Lake Michigan as landfill material. In 1893, Chicago celebrated a remarkable comeback with the World's Columbian Exposition. One of the buildings of the exposition then became the Museum of Science and Industry.
Over time, Chicago enjoyed several historical firsts, including the construction of the first skyscraper in the nation. This was the steel-framed, 10-story Home Insurance building that was built in 1884 at Adams and LaSalle Streets. It was later demolished in 1931. Chicago is also the start of the famous "Route 66" – beginning on Adams Street at Grant Park right in front of the building known as the Art Institute of Chicago.
Along with those mentioned above first, Chicago is also the birthplace of:
- Montgomery Ward and Sears, popular mail-order retailers
- Swift, a refrigerated rail car
- Motorola, car radio
- Zenith, the television remote control
- Willis Tower, formerly Sears Tower, is a 1,451-foot construction that remained to be the tallest building around the globe until 1998
- The start of the Atomic Age with the first nuclear chain reaction that was self-sustaining, taking place in 1942 at the University of Chicago
Enjoying all of the Sights, Sounds, Tastes, and Entertainment Chicago, IL, Has to Offer
The city of Chicago is like no other and well-known for inspiring comebacks and resilient spirit. There are incredible places to see and things to do, including 77 neighborhoods, over 60 museums, and thousands of highly-acclaimed restaurants, breweries, and bars. Regardless of what you are looking for, you will find it in Chicago!
Some of the top attractions to experience when in the city of Chicago include:
- Chicago Architecture River Cruise: This is your chance to experience breathtaking views of many of the famous buildings in Chicago while gaining inside information from an expert guide. You will take in views of the Sears Tower, the Wrigley Building, the Old Post Office, and the skyline along the Chicago River.
- Gangsters and Ghost Tour in Chicago: One of the most popular attractions within the city, this tour combines supernatural tales and a unique history lesson, suitable for both kids and adults. This immerses you in Chicago's history during the Roaring 20s, including the days of bootleggers, speakeasies, and notorious gangsters like Chicago's own, Al Capone.
- 360 Chicago Observation Deck at the Hancock Center: Here at the Hancock Center, you will find the 360 Chicago Observation Deck. This attraction puts you high above the world of the Windy City below, giving you stunning views 96 stories high. Travel up the lightning-fast elevator where you will ascend upon a deck to check out the lakefront shoreline, various landmarks, or have the opportunity to buy a ticket for TILT. This is a thrill ride at the top, where you see downward-facing views 1,030 feet below.
As mentioned, Chicago is a hotbed for some of the most world-renowned restaurants, bars, and cafes within the United States. Top options that you do not want to miss when in the area include:
- Do-Rite Donuts & Chicken
- Smoque BBQ
- Girl & The Goat
- Baka Restaurant
- Benny's Chop House
- Eleven City Diner
- The Chicago Diner
- Bongiorno's Italian Deli and Pizzeria
A Water Emergency in Chicago Calls for Top-Not Water Restoration Companies to Handle the Cleanup
When You Are Looking for Dependable Water Restoration Companies, SERVPRO has the Equipment and Manpower to Handle the Project in Your Chicago Home
Handling water damage may be a challenge for a property owner, regardless of your experience or the cleaning tools that you have. SERVPRO not only removes surface water, but we use proven methods for moisture detection to ensure no hotspots get left behind. When you need water restoration companies that understand the process, our team is number one for extraction, drying, controlled demolition, and sanitizing – all of this leaves your Chicago interior Certified: SERVPRO Clean.
Water restoration companies in Chicago must be available when you need them; otherwise, you could run into secondary damage that leads to immense costs. When you select SERVPRO for the job, you will enjoy numerous benefits, such as:
- Rapid response
- IICRC-certified technicians
- Industrial-grade equipment and tools
- Skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) to handle jobs of all sizes
- Assistance with the execution of your insurance claim paperwork, and more
Water mitigation and rapid extraction get your home back to normal faster. We formulate and execute a plan of action using our proprietary process so that you get the results you need without any hassle. From start to end, you will have a crew chief available to detail each step so that you are fully informed.
Call on us at SERVPRO of Hyde Park/E. Bridgeport/Bronzeville at (312) 509-5000 when you are looking for trusted water restoration companies to handle your project. Once we receive your call, we send out a crew to get to work within a couple of hours to make your interior, "Like it never even happened."