Restoring Water Damaged Ceilings in Chicago Homes
SERVPRO provides water mitigation to restore water damaged residences
Burst pipes, roof leaks, or overflowing sinks can cause water to travel to lower levels. This causes water damage to the ceiling below. Small amounts of moisture can cause discoloration and minor warping, but large amounts of water can cause complete deterioration.
Immediate Water Mitigation Required
When left sitting, even minor moisture levels can cause mold to grow. This can happen fast, often in as little as 24 hours. You need professional water mitigation in your Chicago home to avoid secondary damage such as mold. Once we arrive at your home, we:
- Take a moisture reading to determine the amount of moisture and damage
- Tarp the roof, if the water is coming from there until it can get repaired
- Remove all wet materials
- Use commercial equipment to dry materials
- Restore your home to preloss condition
- Check for hidden moisture with meters and probes
If you have ceiling tiles, it is often more cost-effective to replace them instead of restoring them. An eroding ceiling can be a safety issue, as well as unsightly. For professional water mitigation, contact SERVPRO of Hyde Park / E. Bridgeport / Bronzeville at (312) 509-5000.