Fire Damage Assistance When You Need It in Chicago
SERVPRO Helps Chicago Properties Owners 24/7 with Fire Damage Restoration
If you have a small blaze in your Chicago home or business, it might be tempting to go the DIY route yourself or utilize your janitorial staff. However, many pitfalls come with handling fire cleanup on your own. The last thing you need is an increased interruption, enhanced secondary damage, and the potential for immense costs to fix what goes wrong. SERVPRO wants all area customers, commercial and residential, to know that working with skilled technicians ensures high-quality, long-lasting results for any fire-related emergency.
SERVPRO is here around-the-clock with proven fire damage techniques in Chicago. We can handle all restorations, including any water and moisture left from first responders dousing the flames. Our efforts come together to ensure we can bring your property back to life “Like it never even happened.”
Not only does DIY take longer if you are unsure of where to begin and how to address every issue, but you will also see that the results will be lacking. IICRC-certified cleaning and restoration cuts back on your fire damage claim costs and drastically cuts down on time to get your life back to normal. Additionally, our restore versus replace mindset helps you recover items that you may otherwise deem a loss when approaching house fire cleanup with DIY methods alone.
What Happens After the Fire has Been Extinguished?
We are here at SERVPRO 24-hours a day, seven days a week, for all fire and water restorations to give you added peace of mind after an emergency. Our crew arrives to handle all debris, and airborne threats throughout your property are too tricky to address with DIY methods alone. The crew chief assigned to our team inspects and assesses all damage to determine the right processes and equipment to use and identify any unique challenges.
Do not enter your property unless first responders deem it safe until we arrive. Keep in mind that any foot traffic leads to tracking of soot and soiling throughout the property, including areas unaffected by the fire.
It is never good to clean anything before our fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT). Letting our skilled and experienced team handle everything is better because:
- We wear all the proper personal protection equipment (PPE) due to any toxic residues and debris left after a fire.
- Our crew thoroughly assesses your structure to ensure safety and stability, including flooring, walls, and ceilings.
- All cleaning measures and products used depends on materials burned or saturated. We consider composition and fire/heat impact on everything before we begin.
- Any moisture inside the building gets addressed with the help of our extraction tools and drying equipment.
All Fire Restorations Involve a Multi-faceted Approach
No two fire cleanup projects are the same, which is where our perfected techniques come in extremely handy. We combine each method to create a tailored plan to restore your home or business to pre-fire condition, including contents and inventory. Some of the techniques may include:
- Agitation uses movement, cleaning solutions, or both to loosen soils and wash them away. Options include rotating brushes, air or water pressure, scrubbing, sandblasting, and wiping.
- Chemical action with cleaning solutions using the ‘like dissolves like’ mentality. Water-based soils get water-based solutions, and so on.
- Suspension and dispersion to loosen soils on items deemed safe to get submerged in water/cleaning solutions.
SERVPRO of Hyde Park/E. Bridgeport/Bronzeville is here whenever you require professional fire damage cleanup and restoration. Call our customer care team and dispatch a crew to your door by dialing (312) 509-5000.