Water Damage Restoration in Chicago.
Chicago Homeowners Trust SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration
Chicago is the third-largest city in the US, with a population exceeding 2.7 million. Incorporated as a US city in 1837, it is one of the oldest cities in the country. Although the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 destroyed about one-third of the city, modern-day Chicago stands as majestic as ever.
The Undying Spirit of the Second City
The city of Chicago is blessed with a rich and colorful history. The city undertook a massive project in 1900 of reversing the direction of the Chicago River so that it would release into the Mississippi River and not Lake Michigan. It was done in response to the extreme weather event of 1885 that threatened the city's water supply. Still considered as one of the most ambitious civil engineering projects ever undertaken in modern America. The American Society of Civil Engineers named the river system a 'Civil Engineering Monument of the Millennium' in 1999. Each year, the Local Plumber's Union dyes the river green on the occasion of St. Patrick's Day, a beloved tradition of the city for over 50 years.
Lots to do and see
The Windy City, as it is lovingly called, offers many attractions and tourist spots that can keep you busy for weeks. Some of the most famous attractions of the city include:
- Art Institute of Chicago is the city's grandest museum. The two bronze lion sculptures at the entrance as iconic as the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower
- Lincoln Park Zoo is located in the heart of the city and offers year-long, family-friendly free events.
- The Chicago Lakefront Trail is an 18-mile-long trail that circles lake Michigan and offers many activities along the shore.
- The Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise, run by the Chicago Architecture Foundation, is a glimpse into the city's majestic architecture.
- With its pagoda-style architecture and bamboo gardens, Ping Tom Memorial Park is a hidden gem that you can't miss.
SERVPRO Provides Full-service Water Damage Remediation Service to Chicago Residents
Water damage to your Chicago home due to bust pipes, ceiling leaks, or any other reason can overwhelm any homeowner. In such an unfortunate situation, you need a team of experts that can perform water damage repairs and restoration efficiently and quickly.
SERVPRO water damage restoration (WRT) experts have years of experience mitigating all kinds of water damage, including ceiling repairs from water damages, basement flooding cleanup, and even flood restoration. Some of the steps our technicians can take in water damage remediation include the following:
- Water removal using various kinds of pumps specifically designed for apartment complexes to skyscrapers
- We understand the importance of the prevention of secondary damage due to residual moisture. We use moisture probes and thermal scanners to assess the level of impairment for efficient water damage restoration.
- Whether it is basement flooding cleanup, flood restoration, or clean up after a sewer backup, our experienced technicians can handle anything and everything with ease
Call SERVPRO of Hyde Park / E. Bridgeport / Bronzeville at (312) 509-5000 for reliable and efficient water damage restoration services for your Chicago property.